Wednesday, January 10, 2007

EZ Seamless Sweater Sleeve


EZ Seamless Sweater Sleeve, originally uploaded by boizscareme.

Wow, what a boring picture. One sleeve is finished and I'm pretty excited. I ripped the last sweater I made with this yarn. I didn't like how it was comming out. It was a top-down raglan with the opening on the left raglan. I was not getting into it.

Anyhoo, this is from the Knitting without Tears book. I'm knitting in Gray Eco Wool on 8's. I figure if I start with the sleeves first, the rest of the sweater should fly by. I knocked off the 1st sleeve pretty fast. I casted on for the other sleeve right away. I'm about 3" into the second sleeve. Other than the sleeves, I have no idea how I'm going to do the yoke. I want a cute winter ski sweater for next year & I want to incorporate my handspun into the colorwork.
I finished my toasty toes!!!!!! They are sooooo cozy!!!!!
My jaywalkers are comming along ok. I'm almost to the end of the heel flap. I think I'm allergic to these socks. I bought this yarn back when I had my ratties. Everytime I knit with it for a while I start having breathing problems and start to itch. Come on... they yarn is make of wool/nylon/cotton. I usually knit with any kind of wool!!!
I dunno. I just love this sock yarn too and I cannot get rid of it.

4 comments:

Lone Knitter said...

I made my boyfriend a scarf once with Eco Wool. I loved working with it. It was pure bliss and the skein is huge, and the best part was there were no knots in the yarn. Your sleeve looks great!

librarylass said...

I want to make the same sweater! (eventually, VERY eventually!) I can't wait to see your progress on the body. Good luck!!

Coley said...

Loneknitter- Eco wool is nice!
Not too scratchy either.
I found a small lys that I've not visited before and they sell eco wool for $16.

librarylass- I'm too excited about this sweater. I knitted 3" more on the 2nd sleeve last night. It's areally easy pattern you should give it a try!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, not a boring picture at all, it shows your sleeve in all its glorious detail. I feel that sleeves are even more tedious than second socks, so I am impressed...