Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I hate winter, but I love the snow!!!!


IMG_2073
Originally uploaded by Pixiefarts



Monday is chicky hatch day. I am getting excited.
I am having an issue during this whole eggs-periment. My hand are so chapped now from washing them so much,. My left hand had 3 spots that are very very raw.
Next step, add the sponge & tube to the cooler bator' before lockdown (friday).

I enlisted my darling husband in designing the coop. He came up with some great ideas. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch. If I cannot hatch these little buggers, I have to wait til next year. That is my stipulation for myself. It kinda keeps me in check, I know I can go overboard. HAHAHA

I want to make a cold frame..Cold weather planter box??.. I think that is what it is called. The front of our house faces south. We get a lot of great sun in my front flower beds. Maybe I can get D to head over to Habitat for Humanity store this weekend and see if they have any older windows.


I want to make Beef & Barley Stew & homemade crackers this weekend.

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

You overboard? Nah...

I like the way the snow looks when I'm at home but when I have to go out in it..not so much.

Larjmarj said...

BTW...try bag balm for your hands.

Coley said...

Thanks Marj! I'll try that.

I love when the snow covers all that nasty looking grass. It is so smooth and white.