Monday, November 16, 2009

Let's Make a Deal!


Let's Make a Deal!
Originally uploaded by boizscareme

Did I mention we went on "Let's make a Deal?"
Let me just say, my hands were sore from clapping!


So this weekend was a Hunter's Widow Weekend.

Mom and I went to Dylan's Raw Bar in Grosse Pointe Park. She had a gift certificate from Restaurants.com. We ate so much food.
We ordered the following:
3 Dylan Pale Ale
2 bottles of some tasty pumpkin beer

Calamari w/ a Vera cruze sauce
Shrimp Tempura Sushi
Cajun Shrimp
Whole Main Lobster
Roasted Garlic, Roasted Red Pepper Cream cheese w/ crusty bread
Side Salad with Crab Louise Dressing

We dined for almost 2 hours.


Saturday
Kate, Mom and I went to Eastern Market. We couldn't have asked for a better day! It was sunny, 60's and not windy!!!

I came away with
dozen of Pullet Eggs
Thick Cut Bacon
Lamb Kabobs
Fingerling potatoes
The biggest Carrots ever!
Day old Marble & Egg Bread
Pumpernickel Loaf
a ton of tasty bakery goodies including Lemon Tarts!!!!
and a small bundle wreath for my front door.

After all that food. I think my inner crafter woke up out of its 2 week long hibernation .

Later Saturday I went to Kim's.
We were a sewing force! We completed 13 squares. I had so much fun! I still have to do my homework. I need to cut out the squares for the next set!

Sunday.
We made a Pork Roast and Roasted Fingerlings & Carrots for dinner. While the Roast was in the Crock pot, we dug into my new cheese making kit! Oh man, making Mozzarella cheese is so much fun!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Sounds like a great week-end. When do we get photos of the cheese making process?