Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Green Monkey socks


Green Monkey socks, originally uploaded by boizscareme.

i love these socks! I started making Monkey from knitty in my green handdyed kona sock yarn. I love the way it's comming along. I only had my super long us1 circs available without a project on them. I split up the balls and weighted them out. I'm knitting 2 socks on one long circular needle. I can only do one pattern repeat at a time. It takes a while since it's 2 socks. I think it's an 11 or 12 row repeat also.

It's been so nice outside lately. It makes me want to start growing things. I found my seed packets from last year in the bottom of a box. I have radishes, baby greens mix, carrots, basil, oregano, chives and something else. I'm sure I could start them soon. I usually keep them in containers since I don't have a yarn. I did really good last year with my potted mint plant. It's really hard to kill mint. My radishes were awesome!!!! I like them on my salad sliced up like carrots

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

OK, all I have to say about that shade of lemon and lime: w-o-w!!!

I'm a two circs gal myself, although I don't mind the magic loop either. Bottom line: dpns and I are finished!