Monday, August 31, 2009

please


please
Originally uploaded by boizscareme

I made my first pot roast in my new kitchen. The weather changed from muggy hot August weather to crisp fall weather. Did I mention Autumn is my favorite time of year?

Thursday, Miranda gave me a great little book to read. It was called "Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life" by Jenna Woginrich. I was already on this whole homestead kick, but this book put me over the edge. It is all I'm thinking about now. I absolutely loved reading this book. Thursday, I got home from knitting and read 3 chapters before I went to sleep. Any free chance I read this book. Saturday, I found a spot in my new back yard. Set up my camping chair, foot rest and some ice water. I spent all afternoon drying my laundry on the line and reading with Iggy.

Meijer's has flour on sale for 1.99 for 5lbs. I bought 2 bags of bread flour and a new jar of yeast. I made a basic loaf in my bread maker on Saturday.My kitchen smelled awesome. I also made a double batch of pizza dough for the freezer. I have been craving homemade pizza since we ate that terrible frozen thin crust pizza on Friday. BLARGGG

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love Jenna's book! Isn't the smell of homemade bread awesome :)